Detail of mountingEarls coronet
Date/Time: 01.11.2013 18:58:51
J.C. Klinkosch - Vienna 1890original stand - both marked with Royal Warrant marks
Date/Time: 17.01.2010 15:06:23
different light ..
Date/Time: 27.03.2014 16:03:42
J C Klinkosch - Vienna
Date/Time: 07.08.2014 10:01:01
J C Klinkosch - Vienna 1890
Date/Time: 18.09.2010 12:29:13
This striking claret jug consists of a glass body with a bulbous base and narrow neck mounted with silver. The mount features a wonderfully delicate neo-rococo scrolling floral motif with tea roses, with a hinged lid and handle that is similarly decorated. An effect of lightness and fragility permeates the piece. The jug is marked for Austria .800 silver, a royal warrant of appointment and the initials J.C.K. for Josef Carl Klinkosch of Vienna. The marks indicate a date between 1872 and 1890.
J C Klinkosch was one of the best silversmiths who worked for the Emperor Franz Josef. From 1855 he held the Imperial Warrant to the Court of Franz Josef His company participated in the World Exhibition in Vienna in 1873 and the World Exhibition in Paris in 1878 and won numerous silver and gold medals.
Franz Rumwolf - Vienna 1890
Date/Time: 10.09.2010 11:02:27
J.B. - Wiener Neustadt - 1890
Date/Time: 19.09.2010 15:26:50
Gebrueder Frank - Vienna 1900Retailer: Hauptmann ( Royal warrant )
Date/Time: 08.09.2010 13:10:36
Georg Adam Scheid - Vienna 1900
Date/Time: 07.08.2010 15:55:41
Georg Adam Scheid
Date/Time: 19.05.2010 10:28:47
Hermann Suedfeld (Hermann Südfeld) - Vienna 1900
Date/Time: 16.09.2010 11:21:01
J C Klinkosch - Vienna 1903(Pair) - Attributed to Otto Wagner
Date/Time: 16.09.2010 11:17:35
Gebruder Frank - Vienna 1900/05Attributed to Kolo Moser
Date/Time: 13.09.2010 16:13:46
Gebrueder Frank - Vienna c 1900 - Design Robert Ashbee
Date/Time: 13.10.2014 15:16:39
Alfred Pollak - Vienna 1905
Date/Time: 18.09.2010 13:38:11
Glass with engraved water lily design
Date/Time: 09.09.2010 14:20:19
Gebrueder Frank (Gebrüder Frank) - Vienna 1905Attributed to Koloman Moser
Date/Time: 07.08.2014 09:56:45
Alexander Sturm - Vienna 1930
Date/Time: 10.09.2010 14:16:41
J C Klinkosch - Vienna 1880Silver coaster - Click on the image to read more about Klinkosch
Date/Time: 03.02.2011 12:29:50
J C Klinkosch was one of the best silversmiths who worked for the Emperor Franz Josef.
Josef Carl Klinkosch, sometimes referred to as Josef Charles, was the son of Carl and Catherine nee Klinkosch Kempenich.
He was first apprenticed to his father from 1835 until 1839. He made magnificent silver work in many different ways.
He became a certified silversmith on the 25th January 1844. In 1848 he married Elise. He was Captain of the Civil Guard during the riots of 1848. In 1851 he took over the business from his father.
In 1831 he had formed a partnership with Stephan Mayerhofer and
the partnership traded as Mayerhofer & Klinkosch.
The company expanded quickly and within a few years employed several hundred workers.
Klinkosch kept refining the style of their products and started production of plated goods as well.
He employed many designers from Austria and other countries and adopted the traditional craftsmanship approach to manufacturing.
The company participated in the World Exhibition in Vienna in 1873 and the World Exhibtion in Paris in 1878 and won numerous silver and gold medals .
Klinkosch was a member of the Vienna Municipal Council from 1861 to 1862.
In 1869/1870 he ended his partnership with Stephan Mayerhofer and the company was renamed "Klinkosch J C "
His customers were largely drawn from the upper middle class and the nobility.
From 1855 he held the Imperial Warrant to the Court of Franz Josef.
Josef Carl Klinkosch was knighted in 1879 and could then call himself Joseph Carl Ritter von Klinkosch.
In 1884 he retired from business, the company passed to his two sons, Arthur (1884-1899) and Isidor (1884-1914). Privately, he was able to combine its assets with an extensive private art collection which was auctioned after his death.
Josef Carl Klinkosch died 1889 at his home in Afrikanergasse 3 in Vienna.
In 1918, the company was acquired by Arthur Krupp and was incorporated under the name "JC Klinkosch AG".
The company was deleted from the Commercial Register in 1972.
The high quality products of Klinkosch are much sought after and achieve high prices at auctions today.
Wuerbel & Csokally (Würbel & Csokally) - Vienna 1903Attributed to Otto Wagner - Vienna
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 11:04:24
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 11:05:46
Eduard Friedmann - Vienna 1905Designed by Josef Emanuel Margold
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 11:07:10
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 11:07:39
Alfred Pollak - Vienna & Prague 1922/23
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 11:16:33
Design by Hans Bolek
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 11:17:19
G A Sieder - Graz 1930
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 11:18:24
Lapis Lazuli knob
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 11:19:44
Alfred Pollak - Vienna & Prague 1930
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 13:22:05
Original glass liner
Date/Time: 06.04.2012 13:22:36